Carlos A. Velasquez was born in New York City, New York in 1963. He was admitted to the Florida Bar in 1988. In 1984, Carlos received his undergraduate degree from Florida Atlantic University where he earned a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science. In 1987, Carlos earned his Juris Doctor Degree from Texas Southern University School of Law, Houston, Texas.
While still in college, Carlos earned a Congressional Internship with U.S. Congressman E. Clay Shaw. His professional experience began with the Immigration and Naturalization Service where he gained experience in deportation, naturalization, exclusion issues and federal litigation.
Following a period of extensive clerkship with the Houston insurance defense firm of Hirsh, Glover, Robinson and Sheiness, Carlos became an associate with Parillo, Weiss & Moss where he continued to gain experience in the areas of insurance defense and personal injury litigation. Carlos was also a member of the Plaintiff’s Steering Committee for the American Airlines crash, Cali, Colombia, litigation 1995-2000 Southern District of Florida. From 1989 to 2003 Carlos was a Founding Partner at Montero, Finizio and Velasquez, P.A. In 2003 he formed the Law Offices of Carlos A. Velasquez, P.A. and subsequently Velasquez Dolan.
Carlos practices in the areas of Aviation Litigation, Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Litigation, Insurance Litigation, Commercial/Business Litigation and Arbitration, and Complex Civil Litigation. Carlos was a Commissioned Officer with the United States Army Reserves JAG and is fluent in Spanish.
- Board Certified Florida Bar (Civil Trial Law) 2002
- J.D. Texas Southern University School of Law, 1988
- B.A. Florida Atlantic University, 1984
- The Florida Bar 1988
- Grievance Committee of the Florida Bar for the 17th Judicial Circuit, (1993-1996 member; 1995-1996 Chairman; 2007-2012 member)
- United States District Court for the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States Court of Military Appeals
- American Bar Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Broward County Bar Association
- Broward County Hispanic Bar Association (Board Member 2005-2006; 2008-2009; 2009-2010)
- Broward County Justice Association
- Florida Justice Association
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Winner, Trial Lawyers Board of Regents Litigators Award 2015 (Personal Injury, Wrongful Death & Workers’ Compensation)
- Member Million Dollar Advoctates Forum
- Member Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Legal Leaders of Florida and abroad (Miami Herald Publication)
- Florida and abroad Top Rated Lawyer 2012/2013
- Martindale-Hubbel AV Rated 5 Year Award 2008-2013
- Martindale-Hubbel AV Rated Judicial Edition 2012
- Top Attorneys in Florida 2011
- Florida Super Lawyers 5 Consecutive Year Award 2006-20013
- Top Attorneys in Florida 2007
- Personal Injury, Wrongful Death Top Up And Comers, South
- Florida Legal Guide 2005
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Certificate for Meritorious Service-Florida Bar 1996
- NTSB Air and Transportation Conference 2013
- Aviation Disaster Litigation – The Florida Bar
- Updates on Aviation law and Verdicts in Florida
- Blue Angels Seminar, November 1996
- Hispanic Bar Association Seminar, Aviation Section, regarding recent changes in aviation litigation and damage presentation, October 1999
- ABA Aviation Litigation Seminar on representing clients out of South and Central America.